Sunday, May 7, 2017

Love Story By Karen Kingsbury



When I was in undergrad, I discovered Karen Kingsbury's books and with 4-6 weeks, I read every single book she'd ever written. I fell in love with the Baxter family and I was so sad when she stopped righting about them. 

Well, that all ends June 6th, my sweet boy's first birthday, when she releases Love Story! I was super excited to receive an advanced reader copy of Love Story from NetGalley to review. 

It should come as no surprise that I finished Love Story is less than 24 hours and I LOVED IT!!! 

I enjoyed learning about where the family is now after a while of not reading of them. I thoroughly enjoyed how Kingsbury used John Baxter's grandson's school project to draw them closer together and to also show much of what John and Elizabeth Baxter's story was when they met, courted, etc. 

It was not the story I expected to hear and that was a surprise and much enjoyed. I enjoy a twist in a story that's unexpected and a reminder that even in brokenness, God prevails. 

If you like Christian fiction, I recommend this book and of course, if you love Karen Kingsbury, get this book in your hands as soon as you can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment