Sunday, September 1, 2019

July 5th, 2019

I've got to be completely honest. July 5th has not been a day that I have looked forward to in recent years. 4 years ago on July 5th, I miscarried and 1 year ago on July 5th, I miscarried a second time. 
Yeah, it isn't our family's favorite day. 
This year, we were determined for it to be different. On the evening of July 4th, we had an open and honest conversation with the boys about the miscarriages and answered their questions as much as we could. They knew that July 5th was that day and so we prepared to have some time to remember our angel babies while also celebrating the fact that we had them for a short time. 

I started that morning with some good snuggles with this guy! 

We worked on some school work which he wanted to do outside on the back porch. ❤️

Matt got off early and we made a cake. Maddox helped me. 
  

Wrestling. 

Hehehe

I had hoped to take a nap but couldn't so I took Mason with me to run some errands and just enjoyed some time with him. Lemonade from lemons. 

  



The boys decorated the cake and did a fantastic job. 

I love us. 

We had some good good family time that afternoon. I'm so grateful for our blessings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment