Monday, September 30, 2019

The Words Between Us by Erin Bartels {A Book Review}


The Words Between Us by Erin Bartels is my most recent fiction read and I thought it was a pretty good one. We traveled for over a week in mid-September and it always takes me a bit to get back into reading after traveling. This book was great for jumping back in. 

The Words Between Us bounces back and forth between 20 years ago and present day. Sometimes, I struggle to keep up when books do that but I found this one fairly easy to follow. The story follows Robin whose father is on death row set to be executed. Robin is a lover of books and owns a small book store. Between her love of books and her father being on death row, the story shares of years ago when Robin met Peter. The author did a good job of interweaving the past with the present and presenting those two separate periods of time with ease. 

I loved the story in the past because I really like the character of Peter. Present day was a bit slow for me at times but eventually picked up and was more enjoyable. There are some twists in the story that surprised me and kept me guessing. I always enjoy that. The ending was good but definitely left me wanting to know more! 

I really enjoyed the author's writing and I would read more books from her in the future. 

By the way, this book is not necessarily a Christian book but it is clean and PG, in my opinion. 

Thanks, Revell, for sending me a copy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment