Tuesday, March 13, 2018

His Risk by Shelley Shepard Gray {A Book Review}

His Risk

His Risk by Shelley Shepard Gray continues The Amish of Hart County series. I have read the previous books in the series and while it took me a minute to get into them, I look forward to reading all of the new ones as they come out. 

As I have noted before, while I think all of the books go well together, you could easily read them separately without issue. 

This book, His Risk, does continue the story of Waneta and her husband Mark from a previous book but it also incorporates Mark's brother, Calvin, and a new character, Alice. These two sets of people are the main characters of this book. This story was a bit of a different storyline than the previous books. Calvin has previously left the Amish faith while the other main characters are Amish. The mix of in faith/not in the faith was interesting to me. 

Calvin and Alice get into some interesting predicaments because of situations Calvin has been involved in as well as some people that Alice encounters. The mix of Calvin's non-Amish life with Alice's Amish life was what I enjoyed about this book. This wasn't my favorite of the series but I did enjoy it overall and I read it in just a couple of hours. 

Shelley Shepard Gray's writing is well-done and easy to follow which is something I truly look forward to a fictional book. 

**I received a copy of this book for free. Opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment