Thursday, March 24, 2016

Fast Food Maniac by Jon Hein {A Book Review}



So often when I review books, I want something that is in-depth and teaches me a great deal. Or I want a fiction book that just causes me to get caught up in an imaginary world. And then there are other times when I want to read a book that's just what I call "fluff". Nothing in the book is something that I need to know but lots of information that is just plain fun. This book, Fast Food Maniac, by Jon Hein is just that. Fun. 

In Fast Food Maniac, Hein shares about national and regional restaurants that are strictly fast food. He addresses lunch, dinner and desserts. He gives his list of "rules" for what places qualify for his book but then as expected, he shares his exceptions to his rules. So in my mind, there aren't actually any rules. :) 

For the restaurants, Hein gives a blurb about who began each restaurant, how they began and how they've become successful/what they are known for as specialties. He also shares some secret menu items for some of the restaurants which is always fun.

I really enjoyed this book and so did Matt. We sat together one night and read through most of the book especially our favorite places. It was also fun to read about restaurants that we had never been to, want to go to, and add a few to our list. 

I think this book would be a fun gift for a "foodie" namely a fast-food "foodie" and we plan to share it with several family members who we think would enjoy reading it.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment