Monday, March 28, 2016

The Goodbye Bride by Denise Hunter {A Book Review}


It must be something about the third trimester with this baby that makes me want to read! I finished The Goodbye Bride in less than 24 hours. I literally had trouble putting my phone down (it's an e-book) at night and at nap time. 

As far as I know The Goodbye Bride was my first book by the author, Denise Hunter. Judging by how much I enjoyed it, I may need to search our local library for some more books by Hunter. 

This book was a fun romance with twists. I feel like there are a gazillion romance novels out there and around half a zillion Christian romance novels. ;-) That being said, so many of them are completely predictable without much original thought. I didn't feel like this book was that way. 

The story starts with Lucy who has fallen and hit her head and literally has no idea where she is and what's going on. She calls the one person she can think of to call and quickly finds out that the fall has caused her amnesia and she truly doesn't remember the last 7+ months of her life.  That being said, the person who she called is literally the last person on earth who was expecting to hear from her.

Continuing in the book, we learn about who Lucy has called and we follow her as she tries to mend something that's broken, something that she doesn't remember breaking. It's truly fascinating for Lucy to try to work through life without recollection of such a chunk of her life but I think the author shares the story well and keeps it moving along. 

Lucy eventually begins to regain her memories from that lost time and as she does, all of the pieces fall into place. A love story develops and continues and it was truly just fun to follow. 

I know that I'm leaving lots of blanks but I don't want to give away too much of the story and trust me, it'd be easy for me to do just that.

I review for BookLook Bloggers 
 **Thanks, BookLook, for sending me this book to review in exchange for my opinion.**
 


No comments:

Post a Comment