Sunday, March 27, 2016

Forgiving my Daughter's Killer by Kate Grosmaire

 

 Forgiving My Daughter's Killer by Kate Grosmaire was a book that I literally could. not. put. down. I had not heard anything about this story or this book before I saw it up for review so I had no idea what to expect. 

In Forgiving My Daughter's Killer, Kate Grosmaire shares the story of what happened in her family when her daughter was murdered by someone they would have never expected. The first thing that stuck out to me in the book is that you can never be prepared for the worst case scenario. Life may be going along smoothly and BOOM, it changes in an instant. That is exactly what happened to the Grosmaires on the day their daughter was shot. 

I thought the book was well written and the story was well-told overall. I felt like appropriate details were included but it was definitely not overly-detailed which I thought was good. 

The story of forgiveness told through the pages of Forgiving My Daughter's Killer is incredible. The Grosmaire's daughter was shot by someone they were extremely close to, someone they loved, someone they were prepared to welcome into their family. Nonetheless, the theme that held: they would not define him by this one event. I thought that was beautiful. This is truly about forgiveness that comes straight from God.

 As I said, I couldn't put this book down. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next and how God orchestrated such a beautiful story through tragedy. 

I highly recommend this book.

I review for BookLook Bloggers

**Thank you, BookLook for sending this book to me for free.**





 




No comments:

Post a Comment