Monday, November 6, 2017

Total Christmas Makeover by Melissa Spoelstra {A Book Review}


Each year, I try to read a devotional to prepare and/or move me through the Christmas season. Matt and I typically try to read through together. This year, I was asked to read and review Total Christmas Makeover by Melissa Spoelstra and I could not be more pleased with this book! 

The first and main thing I enjoyed about Total Christmas Makeover is the design of and content of each of the daily devotionals. One scripture (or more) is presented at the beginning of each devotion. The devotion that follows is well-written and such a great combination of the writer's life experiences and just great info based on the scripture(s) for that day. 

Each devotion also includes a great practical application for that day as well as questions to answer based on all of the above. 

I love this devotional and I honestly think it is my favorite that I've read for a couple of years. I cannot wait to re-read with my husband for the Christmas season. We are focusing extensively on giving this year, in a new way than in the past, and I think this book is going to be really helpful for that. 


**Thanks, Litfuse, for this book! **

No comments:

Post a Comment