Thursday, October 13, 2016

40 Days to A Joyful Motherhood (A Book Review)


Ever since my boys were born, I have struggled to find a quiet time that works for me during the day. For a while, I tried getting up early in the morning but that's just not working at this point in time. At night, I am ready for sleep. ha! Each day it is work to find a time to myself.

When Litfuse offered 40 Days to a Joyful Motherhood: Devotions an Coloring Books to Nourish Mom by Sarah Humphrey, it sounded like the perfect devotional to help me focus some time each day to hear from the Lord. 

I have not worked my way through the entire devotional because it is intended for one a day and I have only had it for a week or so. However, I have done a few and so far, I really like this book. 

Each day starts with a scripture, Sarah wrote a quick 2-3 paragraph devotional and then she finishes with a prayer. The opposite page is to be colored. Some of the coloring pages have a scripture included and some are just abstract art to be colored. I have not been a huge fan of coloring for a while but these are nice because I can just do a bit at a time and then move on. I also think this is great for being able to color alongside Mason. 

I am looking forward to working through this book more and seeing what each of the daily devotionals is about. 

I searched online and these books look to be about $10. I think they would make great teacher gifts or gifts for the women in your family. 
  
Thanks, Litfuse, for this awesome book! 

 


1 comment:

  1. This book looks great! I've been trying to be really intentional with my quiet time as well. Definitely going to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete