Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Sister's Wish & An Amish Family Christmas (Book Reviews)


https://promosimple.com/ps/a725

 
As far as I can remember I have not read any of Shelley Shepard Gray's books. However, I had a baby 4 months ago so don't hold me to that. :) In the last year or so, I've been more interested in Amish fiction so these books immediately appealed to me for that reason alone. 

A Sister's Wish by Shelley Shepard Gray was released last month and it is the third book in a series. That alone had be a bit nervous but I must say that I was able to easily follow the storyline even though I have not read the first two books in the series. That's always a huge plus for me. As far as I can tell, the first two books follow the Kinsinger family as well and I'm assuming they tell other stories of specific family members. 

A Sister's Wish shares Amelia's story. She is the young sister who has been forced to take over many of the household duties after their parents' passing and a brother leaving home. She is also interested in a young man but her family is resistant because of his behaviors during his rumspringa. I enjoyed learning bits and pieces about the whole family during the story as well. The story of Amelia is a challenging one and that drew me in. I think that it is easy for authors to stick to simple and easy but this book had some little twists and turns and I liked that a great deal! 
 
The second book I read was An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray. It released just this month and it continues on with the Kinsinger Family. This time the story is of Amelia's brother, Levi, and also introduces a new character, Julia, and her daughter, Penny. I think that both Levi's and Julia's stories are interesting and I was pleased to continue reading the book as Levi and Julia crossed paths. Again, this wasn't just a simple little story. There were a few twists and turns and I loved that aspect of the storyline. 

I am anxious to go back and read the first two books in this series and also to follow along should Gray write more to these stories! 


Thank you, Litfuse, for these books. I have read them and enjoyed them and now I'm passing them along to friends. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment