Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Shaken by Tim Tebow {A Book Review}



I was asked to be on the launch team for Tim Tebow's new book, Shaken. However, after I received the book, I didn't receive any follow-up information. I'm sure I'm missing important information but since I have nothing else to go on but the book and what's I've read, that's what I'll share. 

Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms by Tim Tebow is a good book. I have not read anything from Tebow in the past but I know him for his college football career and his Christian stance and work in missions. 

First, I was glad to see that the book was written in his voice. I know that he wrote this book along with someone, however, I really feel like I was hearing him talk. In the past, I've read books by athletes or actors, etc and they have sounded super fake, not from their point of view. Shaken was not like that. 

Tim shares his own story throughout the book about being cut from multiple professional football teams and how that has taught him many lessons in life. He also shares stories of many people he has encountered, the challenges they have faced and how they have faced that adversity and let God use it to teach them. 

Tebow includes many scriptures supporting what he has learned and how the thinks God intends to work during tough situations in our lives. 

Shaken is a well-written book that I felt was inspiring without being overly fluffy. I may read more of Tebow's writing in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment