Sunday, December 11, 2016

Two of our Favorites


I know this isn't the greatest picture but hold with me while I tell you a quick story. If you look closely in the picture, you can see a gentleman holding an umbrella for a lady. Earlier this week, it was raining and I glanced out of the kitchen window while cooking dinner and saw this. 

The gentleman, Mr. D, lives across the street from us and the lady, Mrs. P,  is our next door neighbor. When we moved into this house four years ago, we met these two people. Both of them are widowed for several years and they have become the best of friends. They have known each other for years after being at the swim center together many mornings a week. When they became neighbors, they started spending more time together. Mr. D picks Mrs. P up each afternoon and takes her to dinner. Each morning, Mrs. P cooks breakfast for Mr. D. They way they take care of each other makes me happy.

Working in geriatrics and having a heart for the elderly population, I just love to see these two together. I love that they have each other and honestly, I love that we have them. 

These two are some of our very favorites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment